I’m a huge fan of the Fastvue TMG Reporter advanced reporting solution. If you’ve spent any time at all with the native Forefront TMG 2010 reporting tools, you know they are, as my British friends say, “rubbish”. While it is possible to configure Forefront TMG 2010 to log to an external SQL server and create your own reports, a better alternative is to use Fastvue TMG Reporter. They’ve already done all the hard work for you! Also, TMG Reporter from Fastvue works with TMG when configured to use an external SQL server, so you get the best of both worlds!
Recently the fine folks at Fastvue announced a sneak peak at their latest update to TMG Reporter in v3.0 Beta. This latest release includes a bunch of great new features, including the following:
- Site Clean – This provides a way to clean up a lot of noise from your activity reports by consolidating related requests (e.g. analytics and CDN requests).
- Private Report Sharing – Create a report for an individual or group and prevent them from accessing any other report data.
- AD Security Group Filtering – A must have for searching activity reports!
- Export to CSV for Reports and Report Tables – Great feature for detailed, granular data analysis offline.
- Filter by Firewall Server Name or IP Address – This is essential for enterprise customers managing multiple TMG firewalls across the organization.
The latest release also includes Gantt Bars for Activity Reports, changes to the Productivity Dashboard, inclusion of search terms in User Overview reports, an updated Alerts interface, and improved data visibility. In addition, v3.0 includes memory usage improvements and the usual bug fixes and miscellaneous minor improvements.
Be sure to download Fastvue TMG Report v3.0 Beta today!